Explanation of Tennis Box League Rules
The Tennis Box League operates as a mixed singles and mixed doubles competition, where participants are organized into groups or “boxes” consisting of five or six players of similar skill levels (depending on the number of entries).
Our league boasts a diverse range of players, spanning from beginners to seasoned competitors. In this league, each player competes against all others within their respective box.
The first round of matches must be completed within a six-week period, followed by an additional six weeks for the second round.
Here are the detailed rules:
- Match Format: Each match consists of 18 short games, incorporating the advantage rule, followed by a tie-break game to 7 points. The winner of the tie-break gains an extra point, resulting in a total of 19 points played.
- Communication: To facilitate match scheduling, we strongly recommend each box creates a WhatsApp group. Additionally, there is a general WhatsApp group encompassing all league players for direct contact. If a player cannot be reached, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Match Time: All box matches must be completed within 1.5 hours for singles, and it’s advisable to keep warm-up times short. If time constraints arise, consider checking court availability for continuation, reschedule at a mutually convenient time, or split the score and update it in the Scala Sports App.
- Scheduling: Players are responsible for arranging their matches at a time suitable for all parties involved. While the Scala Sports App suggests days and times, the final decision rests with the players.
- Booking: All matches must be booked through the Court Reserve App. Please note that the Scala Sports App and Court Reserve App are not interconnected.
- League Schedule: The box league comprises two rounds. Players should schedule their matches accordingly, with the first round taking place from October 1st, 2023, to October 31st, 2023, and the second round from November 1st, 2023, to November 30th, 2023. Matches occurring after these dates will not be considered.
- Reporting Results: The winner of each match must promptly input the result into the Scala Sports App following the conclusion of the match.
- Standings: Box standings are determined by the accumulated points.
- Promotion/Relegation: At the conclusion of each round, players may be promoted or relegated based on their standings within the group. The lowest one or two players will be relegated, while the top one or two will be promoted.
- Inactivity: Players who participate in fewer than one match (excluding walkovers) will automatically be excluded from the next edition, unless they notify us at email@example.com. Players who have played more than two matches in the current league will be automatically included in the next edition, and no notification is required.
- Special Circumstances: In case of injuries or unavailability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the promotion/relegation system, awarding a walkover is unfair to other league members. We will make every effort to facilitate the scheduling of matches and will only consider a walkover if extenuating circumstances warrant it.
- Walkover Outcome: In the event of a walkover, the average of the games played will be credited to the other player.
For any inquiries or clarifications, please direct your questions to email@example.com.