The Club Championship are the main competitions in our annual schedule of events. The Championships are open to all members and everyone is encouraged to participate.
There are seven separate competitions in the Championships:
- Men’s Championships Singles
- Ladies Championships Singles
- Men’s Championships Doubles
- Ladies Championships Doubles
- Mixed Championships Doubles
- Men’s Championships Singles Plate
- Ladies Championships Singles Plate
The draws take place in late July with all matches culminating in Finals Day in mid September. Each draw is seeded with the the top players receiving a seed. The Men’s and Ladies Plate is contested by those players who are knocked out in the first round.
Club Championship Rules
- It is the responsibility of the player(s) named on the top line of a match to contact their opponents to organise a time to play.
- Courts must be booked in advance through Court Reserve.
- Players should be ready to commence play at time of booking. If matches overrun the scheduled time, the following booking must wait until match is completed.
- Results MUST BE TEXTED through to the Club Captain immediately after match.
- Matches are the best of 3 sets: there is a tie-break at 6 games each in every set.
- The winner of two clear points after deuce wins the game (i.e. full games, advantage is to be played).