Dear Bective Member,
We recently introduced a new tennis ladder system via the Scala Sports App that has been successfully running as a test for the last 2 months.
The below rules apply to the Bective Tennis Singles Mixed Ladder. This ladder will form the basis of selection for league teams; however committee discretion may be applied in the selection of such teams. This is to include performance in recent club and open tournaments, participation in pre-league practice, coaching sessions and round robins and past league standards where applicable. Such committee discretion will be co-ordinated by the respective Club Captain.
Section 1 – To join the ladder:
- Download the free Scala Sports app (iOS or Android)
- Search and Join Bective Tennis Club
- Go to Competitions
- Search and join the competition: Bective TC – Ladder
- Click ‘Join Waiting List’
- Contact Enrique Gomez via email to email@example.com or Whatsapp to manually add you
A modern club ladder to stimulate internal club matches!
- Players are organized (ranked) like ladder rungs; their initial positions are based on their level of play
- Players move up if they beat a higher-ranked opponent
- Every 2 weeks, the system proactively matches players based on their ladder position
- Players arrange their own matches at a mutually convenient time (via the chat or email)
- Players submit their results through the app
- Players can opt in or out, giving them the flexibility to compete when their schedule permits
- Players can choose between 0, 1 or 2 matches to be played every 2 weeks.
Section 3 – Singles Ladder Rules
- The match format is 2 short sets (first point after deuce), the third set is a 10-point tiebreaker
- You switch positions if you win against someone that is ranked higher
- A new round starts every 2 weeks, you automatically join the next round unless you withdraw
- Courts are NOT reserved for the league matches, please reserve your own court
Contact Enrique Gomez via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp if you have any questions.